Below are just a few of the most commonly asked billing questions. If you have any additional questions, please call the Complete Children’s Health billing department at 402-327-6010.
- What to do if you think there is an error with your account or have questions about your bill?
- Please contact us as soon as possible at 402-327-6010. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after your first bill is sent on which the error problem appeared.
You can telephone us, but doing so will not preserve your rights. In writing, give us the following information: your name, account number, the dollar amount of the suspected error, the posting date of the transaction in question, and an explanation of why you believe there is an error. If you need more information, describe the item you are unsure about. Please be sure the person responsible for the account signs all correspondence.
- Does your office participate with my insurance plan?
- Our office participates with many of the major plans in the Midwest. However it is your responsibility to confirm that your plan covers services that we provide to your child.
- Do you submit insurance claims for us?
- Our billing department will make two attempts to obtain payment from your insurance carrier. We submit your claim once you have been seen and then again in 30 days if no payment is made by your insurance carrier. At 60 days if no payment is received by your insurance, we will then bill you and ask that you assist us in following up with your insurance plan.
- Will my insurance pay for any of these services, developmental testing, hearing and vision screenings, after hours and weekend charges, immunizations, HPV shots for either boys or girls, asthma services: (aerochambers, peak flow meters, etc.), allergy testing, mental health/behavior diagnosis?
- There are many different types of insurance policies and they all process claims differently. It is your responsibility to verify with your insurance if they will cover a particular service. If your insurance requires the procedure code and/or price, please contact us.
- What is a Co-Pay?
- A co-pay is a specific amount that you are required to pay at the time of each visit. Complete Children’s Health does require the co-pay to be paid at the time of each visit. Depending on your plan, you may have to pay both coinsurance and a co-pay for a given doctor’s visit. Some carriers do not assess copays for well child visits. If you are sure that yours does not, please inform the front desk at the time of check in.
- What is Co-Insurance?
- This usually means the insurance company pays a certain percentage of our health care bills, while you pay the remaining percentage. In some cases, you may not be expected to pay any coinsurance.
- What is a Deductible?
- Deductible refers to the amount of money you have to pay before your insurance company pays for any health benefits. Once you meet this amount, your insurance benefits go into effect.
- Will my newborn be automatically covered under my insurance?
- Many times newborns are not automatically added to a policy. Insurance companies require that you contact them for enrollment.
- What does COB (coordination of benefits) mean?
- Today, many families are covered by more than one health insurance plan. When two or more health insurance plans cover the insured and dependents, one plan becomes the primary plan and the other plan is the secondary plan. Once a year, most insurance companies will request COB information from the insured to verify whether or not there is any other health insurance. Many times, an insurance company will not process any additional claims until the requested information is received.
- How will I be billed for services?
- Our office sends out statements monthly on any balance that is due from you after your insurance has settled the claim for your child’s services. You are billed for any deductibles, coinsurance or other out of pocket expenses determined by your insurance carrier.
- How do I make a payment?
- Our office accepts payments by cash, check or credit card. You can also pay by phone at 402-327-6010 or on our website through your patient portal.
3262 Salt Creek Circle, Lincoln, NE 68504
4020 Hohensee Drive, Lincoln, NE 68516
8201 Northwoods Drive, Lincoln, NE 68505
1336 West A St, Suite B Lincoln, NE 68522
8:45 am to 4:30 pm Monday – Friday
West A Location Only
9:00 am to 4:00 pm Saturday
10:00 am to 2:00 pm Sunday
Beginning in May West A Location Only
Monday – Thursday starting at 5:30 pm
8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday – Friday
8:30 am to 3:30 pm Saturday
9:30 am to 1:30 pm Sunday
After hours - call 402-465-5600 and choose option 1 to reach Telephone Line to Care.